'toevoegen aan favourieten' - add the blog to your 'favourites'.

Monday, November 27, 2006

More sweat and tears


Now the engine is out of the chassis I was able to pull out the forks and shock ready to be refurbished / serviced / replaced (whichever is applicable) and drop the engine at Slipstream.
I also carried out some careful measurements of the chassis, comparing them to a TZ250 chassis I measured earlier in the year. I was quite surprised to find dimensionally how similar they are the main difference being the length of the swinging arm, but most of the other measurements are very close.
What has surprised me is the contrast in build, for example: the front engine mounting bracket and spacers weigh almost 2kg! yet the front wheel spindle is hollow and very light.
Now without suspension and engine Gordon is looking very sad laid on his side, but it will not be long before he is completely stripped ready for rebuilding.

No comments: